Most insurance policies require that a vacant home be periodically checked to maintain valid insurance. We tailor our services to accommodate the requirement of your insurance and to ensure your home is secure and ready for you or your client's arrival.
We offer basic and customized home checks that will suit your needs and meet your home or commercial insurance policy requirements. All visits are conducted at varied times by Open Door Property Management Staff. If we discover any problems that require attention - such as weather damage, vandalism, pest infestation, and mechanical or electrical malfunction - we immediately contact you and if appropriate, local authorities.
Our Home Watch Service provides a direct contact for absentee owners, vacationers, business travelers and snowbirds who are away for a short or extended periods of time. We keep a written record of each visit and for long-term service, send you a summary report by email each month.
Our Services include:
- Visit your property: daily, weekly or monthly to check the interior and exterior.
- turn on the water to keep all drains full and flush toilets to keep sewer gas out.
- Check the utility room
- Monitor security systems, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Ensure that all mechanical systems, such as heating and air condition, function properly
- Water and care for indoor plants
- check the exterior for damage, potential problems, make sure services performed properly, bring in the mail, newspapers, notify you of any problems.
- act as your local point of contact for vendors/ repairs and deliveries.
- set up your home prior to your return, turn on water, hot water heater and adjust the thermostats.*
- recommend qualified contractors for other repairs and get the work done.